Weight 237, Height 5’10”… pretty disgusting proportion if you ask me…I’m 35 and every time I go out, I see all these tight Ed Hardy-esque T’s that hug these perfectly fit torso’s. I’m glad that’s not my look but currently I can’t help but feel I’m at a competitive disadvantage when it comes to the physical fitness department.
So if I approach you looking like that, I’m not surprised if I seem a little off. I know appearances aren’t everything and please, please don’t judge this book completely but my less-than-austere cover. But I understand that right now, my look might send the message that I don’t quite have it all together... Maybe I should buy a wristwatch...
I hope I don't sound depressing because this is where I am right now...
If allowed to choose your sentiment over my life...I'd say, "be disturbed. be very disturbed."
Be disturbed for me, be disturbed right there with me. And if you really care... please kind madam or sir...no coddling.
I know God takes me as I am and I know we all grow at our own pace and for Pete's sake I know it's never too late to change...
But seriously... what do these cliches have to say about me and my choices?
In reality:
- God does love me, but when it comes time evaluate my progress he probably has to wonder when I'm going to stop eating all that Breyer's Ice Cream and start living the 7-Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Certainly we should be patient with ourselves, but not lazy. I've been pretty lazy.
- It's never too late to change. Sure that's true. But why not ask when in the heck i'm going to stop telling myself that and actually change?!?
You see these ideas don't hold me accountable. All they really do is placate a deep sorrow I need to feel in order to change for the better.
I do understand that I am better than this, I am much better than I've allowed myself to be. I've made some God awful choices that have led me here.
So for now my outlook is very, very disturbed. And for good reason. My choices have left me a broke, cowardly, overweight loser who's reputation is one of mediocrity at best.
Who doesn't deserve better. I'm so much better.
But have no fear. I have a plan...and you're invited to hold me accountable...
My plan is to present you each week with my progress or lack there of. In all keeping you engaged is my challenge. So please feel free to let me know what about this project interests you and what doesn't. It's only fair that you should be entertained for your time. So please feel free to suggest any thing I might do to improve your experience.
I look forward to keeping you posted every step of the way as journey from my self-made misery to happiness and fulfillment.
